As the new year rings itself in, many of us set a goal to practice a healthier lifestyle and maintain, so that next year’s resolution may become something different. As busy lifestyles and limited time to exercise cause us to drop our goals (usually at a steady pace), the hope continues that maybe next year we’ll be able to stick to our resolution.
My Facebook feed algorithm comes to the rescue once again. It suggested I check out something called DailyOM. With a photo highlight of someone doing a yoga pose, how could this longtime fan of hot yoga not check it out (how does Facebook know?!). I must say, even at first glance, this is one of the best health ideas I’ve seen thus far. With this plan, I find no excuses – it really can work for anyone! NOTE: statements below are based solely on the 21 Day Yoga Shred workout. As I discover other workouts, I will make further notes.
- It only costs $10. Say what?! This Dutch girl read further! There is an option to pay whatever you’re able to ($10, $25, or $40), so dependent upon income status at the time of purchase, choose whichever you feel comfortable with. BONUS: you get to keep the videos for years to come. What an ROI!
- There are multiple programs to choose from. There are many different courses, including beginner yoga, a yoga shred, and some overall well being classes; one of which is sure to meet your workout style and goals, mind or body. Once you’re done with one, move on to another. NOTE: the minimal $10 fee does apply with each set of workouts. Still a great deal as far as I can see.
- The workouts are a reasonable length. Who has an hour to workout?! At a glance, most workout sessions seem to be 35 minutes or less in length, so you can surely find the time in your busy day, morning, noon, or night.
- There is no strict diet plan. The intro course overview page outlines a few general tools you should pay attention to, but there is not a strict diet book to follow. They do post some really great recipes, though. Could be seen as a pro or a con, depending on your self-restriction style (wink).
- The plan includes mental health exercises. DailyOM focuses on improving yourself as a whole, not just the physical aspect. I’ve found that working on the whole body truly allows me to focus during my workouts, and I feel ready for whatever life throws at me. I receive daily emails and can take a look around the DailyOM blog as often as I’d like.
Tomorrow, I begin my first workout, focusing on the DailyOM 21 Day Yoga Shred. I plan to do my best to implement the daily workout (let’s be honest – it may take me longer than 21 days), clean and healthy eating, and working to improve my mental spirit and well being. Once completed, I will surely post an update so you can see how it worked for me.
What is your 2017 resolution? Please comment!